Monosole Music Presents - "Tape To Dub Plate Vol. 5 - Afrobeat Breaks"
Monosole Music presents the fifth in a series of royalty free drum hits and drum breaks recorded directly to tape, mixed using analogue outboard gear, mastered onto a 12" dub plate. and finally sampled back off of the vinyl. This series aims to give you the sound and vibe of the open hits and breaks that crate diggers spend so much of their time searching for, whilst offering the cleaner pre-mastered files for those who prefer that sound.Volume five contains 41 original 1970's afrobeat inspired drum and percussion breaks, ranging from 80 to 133 bpm. Recorded directly onto analogue tape using one overhead and one kick drum microphone for the drum kit, and one microphone for each percussion track. Mixed using analogue compressors, eq's and a spring reverb before being sent to a Neumann cutting lathe. The pack also contains each individual pre mastered track. Performed and engineered by Timmy Rickard.
- 1960's Round Badge Drum Kit
- Recorded direct to tape at 15ips
- Captured using akg d12, beyer m160, shure 57 and a coles 4038
- Powered by boutique transformer based preamps
- Mixed using high quality analogue outboard equipment
- Mastered to a 7" vinyl dub plate at 45rpm
- Sampled from vinyl using a roland sp404 sampler
- Avaliable as 16bit 44.1kHz and 24bit 96kHz wav files
- Pre vinyl mastered files included
- Performed and engineered by Timmy Rickard