Monosole Music Presents - Tape to Dub Plate Vol. 1
Monosole Music presents the first in a series of royalty free drum hits and drum breaks recorded directly to tape, mixed using analogue outboard gear, mastered onto a 12" dub plate, and finally sampled back off of the vinyl. This series aims to give you the sound and vibe of the open hits and breaks that crate diggers spend so much of their time searching for, whilst offering the cleaner pre-mastered files for those who prefer that sound.
Volume one is filled with 50 cymbal and hi hat hits. Using the finest turkish handmade cymbals, recorded directly onto analogue tape using modern and vintage microphones. Mixed using analogue compressors and eq's stuffed with valves and transformers, before being sent to a Neumann cutting lathe. Performed and engineered by Timmy Rickard.
- modern and vintage turkish hand made cymbals
- 50 individual cymbal hits
- separated in to center, edge, bell, roll and hi hat hits
- recorded direct to tape at 15ips
- captured using ribbon, dynamic and condenser microphones
- powered by boutique transformer based preamps
- mixed using high quality analogue outboard equipment
- mastered to a 12" vinyl dub plate at 45rpm
- sampled from vinyl using a roland sp404 sampler
- available as 16bit 44.1kHz and 24bit 96kHz wav files
- pre vinyl mastered files included
- performed and engineered by Timmy Rickard