Matt McGinley of Gym Class Heroes - Coffee Breaks + Heart Breaks (Digital Download)
From Matt McGinley (drum person and backbone of the band Gym Class Heroes) comes Coffee Breaks - an organically roasted collection of live recorded drum loops, fills, AND one-shot drum samples in the spirit of classic funk and hip-hop records. These single origin drum breaks were carefully captured with a pair of overheads and a room mic at Watchmen Studios in New York. Flavored with assorted percussion - including cowbells, bongos, shakers, and a beat-up yard sale tambourine. Then re-amped using high quality outboard equipment before being mixed onto reel-to-reel tape by Monosole Music's Timmy Rickard (Bap to the Future, Tape to Dub Plate, Dirty Arse Drum Breaks, etc).
- 23 drum breaks - performed by Matt McGinley of Gym Class Heroes.
- 41 drum fills - chopped and ready to drop.
- 54 one-shot drum samples - kicks, snares, hi-hats, etc. (recorded with multiple velocities and articulations)
- Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, SJC Custom Drums, Zildjian K Cymbals -> AKG, Sennheiser mics -> Toft ATB 24 console
- Mixed onto reel-to-reel tape by Monosole Music's Timmy Rickard.
- Includes the alternate mix, Gimme Room! - a dusty, roomier take on Coffee Breaks.
- Delivered in 16/44 WAV (compatible with any DAW).
- Plenty of headroom to work with - go ahead, make them LOUD!
This Valentines Day, we're excited to be releasing Heart Breaks - a collection of original live drum breaks from Matt McGinley (drum person and backbone of the band Gym Class Heroes). It's roomy, ambient, and downtempo - in the vein of Portishead, Bjork, Massive Attack, etc. Perfect for all your sad and bitter production needs.
- Recorded in New York @ Watchmen Studios.
- 12 original downtempo drum breaks played by Matt McGinley of Gym Class Heroes.
- Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, SJC Custom Drums, Zildjian K Cymbals -> AKG, Sennheiser Mic's -> Toft ATB 24 Console
- Carefully mixed, bathed in verb & tape echo and left with about -3db of headroom. In case that's too much sexy for you, we're also including the dry mix!
- Simply recorded in a small room with a pair of overhead's and a room mic.
This package of drum breaks is on the house - pass it around or be greedy and keep it to yourself. Whatever. We really dig it and we hope you will to. And this March, keep an eye out for Coffee Breaks; an exhaustive collection of Matt's original drum breaks, fills, and one-hits in the spirit of classic funk and hip-hop records + mixed by Monosole Music's Timmy Rickard (Bap To The Future, Tape To Dub Plate, Dirty Arse Drum Breaks, etc.)